Monday, April 4, 2011

Thom York City

(I swear we're nearly at the end of the New York stuff. Hang in there, baby).

The best thing (or at least one of the best things) about New York is Central Park. Heaps of dogs and heaps of babies, it's like a designated cute zone. I think if I was lucky enough to live in NY I would be more enthusiastic about running because of central park, also, I could get macarons on the way back from running, therefore making running both fun and pointless.

It was almost not freezing the day we took these! (note: this means I'm wearing three pairs of stockings rather than the daily five pairs). The weather has been so cold and dry that both Colin and I have become scaly reptiles beneath our coats and I have the flu. We are not- as Simon and Garfunkle would say- "feelin' groovy", however if the song was titled "feelin' scaly" or possibly "feelin' congested" it would represent us better (however the latter would have no singable melody).





We also went to see Trey Parker and Matt Stone (South Park)'s musical "The Book Of Mormon" which was AhMAZING! I kind of expected it to be less great than it was, but I was pretty blown away by it. It was offensive as hell, but managed to be kind of endearing to mormons and it stuck to the conventions of a musical. I was very impressed, also there were some great songs.  5 stars, David?

After that we headed out to Williamsburg to see Cults play. They have like 6 songs, so it was impressive that the set list was 8 songs. It was a good show though, and merch was cheap and we were home a little after midnight. I could also order a Pabst Blue Ribbon without getting 'the look' from the bartender. Nice.



Cults: band members all about 12 years old.


Colin bought me this to make me feel less sick. And it did. 

Cath took us out to the LES to hang out with her friends who are all really friendly. We ate at the same place we went to last time I came to New York and it was delicious, I had a Lamb tagine with apricots and prunes. 


Beer also made me feel less sick... temporarily.


Anyway, that's the end of my NYC adventures, Colin went out and did some things while I was in bed with the flu, I'm sure he'll be sharing those soon. 

Next time: LA! Warmer!

Bhaiii!
Brooke

3 comments:

  1. Please tell me you didn't actually drink PBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are great, but which one is the mad hatter?

    ReplyDelete