Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mandrew Mart

On my weekly trip to the pharmacy--where I wander around trying to work out where things are for ages then get frustrated and leave without buying leg wax or whatever it is this week that's not where it's supposed to be-- I came across this little gem. It's only a few blocks from where we live but today is the first time I'd noticed it (despite the fact a caveman is fighting a robot in the window display).



Echo Park Time Travel Mart, or as it shall now be called: Mandrew Mart


Evidence to support it's name change

They sell all kinds of crazy stuff, like pill bottles full of fluorescent jellybeans marked "Time Travel Sickness Pills" on beautifully designed labels and "Robot Milk" which was an old fashioned milk bottle full of sugar crystals with a great retro label.



Fridge full of fresh Dinosaur Eggs


They also had an employee of the month wall with Carl Sagan on it. And a selection of 1930's hats and pencil thin moustaches. I bought a Grace Kelly hat, I do not magically look like Grace Kelly when I put it on.

Anyway Mandrew, this one is for you buddy. If we have to come back in June I'll bring you some stuff from there fo' sho'. 

Nanu Nanu, 

Brooke.

1 comment:

  1. Each day that goes by there seems to be more justification and support for who I am.

    I don't know if that is a safe thing, but is reassuring that I'm not alone.

    If you're not here in June, you'll find me in that store incubating those eggs.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete