Sunday, March 27, 2011

Muppets Take Manhattan!

When life hands you the opportunity to be immortalised as a Muppet, you can't say no.




Today we had Muppets made of ourselves (best thing I ever bought!), and while our Muppets were being assembled we saw Jemaine from Flight Of The Conchords sporting a pretty stringy beard. This, ladies and germs, is what Charlie Sheen would call "Winning".
EDIT (COLIN): I felt bad for all the kids we walked past, they're soo jealous. This is what means to be an adult kids, you can buy your own damn muppets.




                                                                                                      Potter Nerdz







We also went to the Jewish Museum today to see the Houdini exhibition. That guy was so great, first person to make a controlled powered flight in Australia. Kingsford-Smith drive would be called Harry Houdini drive if Colin had his way.

EDIT (COLIN): Houdini would be rolling in his grave if he saw the state of magicians today, jetting around the old people circuits. Not only that, John Edward would have never happened. The section on how he used to go around debunking spiritualists deserves a whole exhibit, but in the meantime we got to see a the straight jacket, water torture device, photos and a whole lot of handcuffs he used to break out of. I now completely regret the fact that I never finished reading kavalier and clay because it had too many pages and I have the attention span of an 8 year old.


Houdini: a short man?

Hipster Scum
                                            

Finally, we went to shake shack to get the famous Mohlwhey Shake (which is actually called a Shack Shake). I am reminded of it's greatness as I'm still burping it up now. Some people wouldn't drink a frozen chocolate shake outdoors in -3 degrees weather, but those people probably wouldn't have Muppets in their likeness either, so poo to them.



 Giant Apple store: Smugness +7


EDIT (COLIN): We've been out in the cold so long that by the time we come back, I'm going to look like this. every part of my body constantly itches after a day out.


4 comments:

  1. WHERE IS THIS MUPPET ME THING AND HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF IT UP UNTIL THIS POINT RIGHT NOW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be too scared to get a muppet incase they gave me Gonzo. That last shot deserves a caption, "I'm meltinggggggg" P.S. Brooke, don't try and send that muppet back at Christmas and pretend it is you being thoughtful, I know what lurks in your evil mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha—those muppets are awesome. Looks like you're having super fun times. Win :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ro, at that Schwartz toy store, FML Schwartz... FAQ Schwartz

    Mum, I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind to use that muppet as a stand in.

    Lauren, we are indeed having 'fun'. All the fun. All the time.

    ReplyDelete