Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day one and two in LA

LA is as cold as a bastard. Countless Snoop songs had me geared up for sun(izzl) and fun(izzl), but alas, I we had was freezing cold rain(izzl?).

Lucky we were tired as heck, so we checked in early and slept most of the day.

Our sleep-a-thon was temporarily interrupted when we had to get out of bed to go to see Stuart Gordon's  Re-Animator: The musical! which was pretty much THE greatest thing ever (I realise I say that about a lot of things). I sometimes feel bad about dragging Colin to HP Lovecraft things, but this time I think he actually enjoyed it, the special effects were wonderful and the songs were hilarious. More plays should end with the front row being covered in fake blood.

We also had dinner at Umami Burger, which was pretty great.

Here is a Port fried onion and Stilton cheese burger I ate. Yum.

It also bears mentioning that it was raining icy windy rain and we were saturated for most of the night, yet it was still awesome.


The next day we killed some time walking around some of the nicer parts of Hollywood... I now have a greater understanding of why people hate Hipsters. Also, we saw Paul at the movies, it was pretty great. I ate this pumpkin pie:




We checked out our new house (which is heaps awesome) and met our new roommates Felicia and Carly who are also awesome. They took us to Swingers (which is a diner and not what you were thinking) and we drank a lot of Arnold Palmers.


That pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment