Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Noo Yoik

Today it snowed! An unsuccessful trip to UniQlo meant we had no beanies/gloves so today was in indoors day. Also, my hair smelt like blue cheese all day after last night's blue cheese burger. That has nothing to do with the snow, it was just a bit gross.

 On Susie and Jason's recommendation we had breakfast at Egg in Williamsburg, and lo, it was good.


My glass of milk was served in a wine glass.

Then we went to the Natural History Museum



Dinosaurs and Space! If there is a better combination I don't wanna know about it!

Other exhibits were also good (and warm).
This one is for Dad:


This one from the Geology exhibition is for Mum:


And this one was my pick:


Look at that epic fight! WHALE V SQUID! WHO WILL BE THE VICTOR!?!


After that, we had dinner at Bouchon Bakery. It was so freakin' good, AND we got macarons to take-away. Big MoFo's. Size o' my fist. 

Brooke

5 comments:

  1. It snowed! wow - that's crazy.

    We ate at Egg too! I had cheese grits. Not my favorite part of the breakfast experience.

    I do remember they had good coffee though. And I left Ruari's camera on the seat when we left, and it was still there when I ran back - always a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you seen the movie "the squid and the whale"?
    AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reminding you that all that wonderful food is how those Americans go so obese in the first place. Don't want to see you in the museum with a squid in your mouth...get what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost like I am travelling there with you kids.

    Miss your faces, but am bound to see you soon :)

    Commence blog-stalking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. We didn't have grits, mostly because I'm not really sure what a 'grit' is, but it doesn't sound good. Also, it seems to be the food of choice for movie-hillbillies.

    2. The Squid and The Whale was a deceptive title, could have used more epic animals fights.

    3. I think I'm gonna have to step up the jogging with all the Pizza around too.

    ReplyDelete