Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Bob Baker Marionette Theater

An adult alone at a puppet show is bound to look suspicious, but as Colin works pretty much every hour of the day forever I had no choice but to fly solo.

The Bob Baker Marionette Theater is in downtown LA, and pretty much walking distance from my home. I went to see the show this morning with a whole bunch of five year olds and one strange 40 year old man (the only other adult weirdo there).



The music was dated and the puppets were noticeably ageing, but every five year old in the audience was captivated. Take that, parents groups who preach about how children can't enjoy old fashioned entertainment in a world of "dangerous video games". 

I also enjoyed the show, but I didn't stay for the free ice-cream and neither did the creepy guy. I guess we both knew how we looked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment