Monday, May 2, 2011

Cinco De Mayo and La Brea Tar Pits

This week is Cinco De Mayo! Which I'm too excited about, considering I don't know what Cinco De Mayo is. I know what "Cinco de Mayo" means (thanks to Panama and Seinfeld), but I'll have to look it up on wiki to find out what exactly I'm celebrating. 
We went to Olivera Street for our Cinco Celebrations (they're holding them on the weekend rather than on wednesday), Churros, Mexican food and colourful things.


I chu-chu-churro! 

Then we came home for a nap and Game Of Thrones. Later we went to see 13 Assassins at the movies, and had some passable Italian food.

Today, to celebrate Colin's second day off from the shoot, we went to the La Brea Tar Pits. 
I felt worse for this fiber-glass elephant then I did in the Museum Of Death. Work that one out.


Poo Bear. Like, without the 'h'.


Lunch break!



DIRE WOLF!!!

Wall 'o Skulls

All day long this robot sabre tooth unsuccessfully tries to eat this robot ground sloth. What an unfulfilling life for them both. 




We had very fun and learned many new things in nature. The end...?
Brooke (and Colin)

2 comments:

  1. My extensive knowledge of spanish leads me to believe that cinco means five so that means the five days of mayonaise much like our twelve days of Christmas. I was also wondering if that was the poo under the bear. And since I am full of strange wisdom, I looked at that hamburger and just wanted to remind you that colon cancer is the second most prevalent cancer in both males and females. It was also a shame that the tar pits didn't feature the most famous character of all....the tar baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum, you and I are pretty much the same person sometimes.

    ReplyDelete